Last week, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe broke a curse that has seen Nintendo going without a number one game in the UK retail charts for six years, and would you believe, in spite of facing fierce competition from Bethesda's Prey it managed to stay in number one for the second week running. Apparently it was a very close race, presumably Mario Kart 8 Deluxe won it on the finish line with a well-placed shell. Last week's new entries and top five finishers, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 and Little Nightmares fell from 2nd to 13th and 4th to 12th, respectively. Ghost Recon: Wildlands also fell out of the top ten for the first time since its release.
Further down the charts, Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy came in at number 31 in the all formats chart. Persona 5 re-entered the chart at number 35, proving that new stock was in place.
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Nintendo
2. Prey / Bethesda (new)
3. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
4. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare / Activision
5. Lego Worlds / Warner Bros.
6. Rocket League / 505 Games
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild / Nintendo
8. FIFA 17 / EA Sports
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn / Sony
10. Forza Horizon 3 / Microsoft
Individual Formats (units):
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Switch
2. Prey / PS4 (new)
3. Prey / Xbox One (new)
4. Grand Theft Auto V / PS4
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn / PS4
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild / Switch
7. Grand Theft Auto V / Xbox One
8. Forza Horizon 3 / Xbox One
9. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare / PS4
10. Rocket League / Xbox One