Paradox Interactive has announced that a new expansion for Crusader Kings II, called Jade Dragon, is now available. In Jade Dragon, the world of Crusader Kings II will be expanded with the Empire of China as an off-map influence that "can give great rewards or great dangers to those whose realms lie in the shadow of the Dragon. Flatter the Emperor with gifts of gold or concubines. Ask favors from the mighty prince. Stay on the good side of his appointed marshals on your borders."
This is what Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon includes:
- The Imperial Majesty Request: A new "China Screen" lays out the status and desires of the Emperor of China, letting you keep tabs on what he wants and how to earn his grace
- Kow-tow For Now: Submit to the Empire as a tributary, always keeping an eye on the waning power of the Emperor, so you can time your escape to freedom
- Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere: Disgruntled princes or curious adventurers may leave China to seek their own fortune to the west.
- Booty and the East: Collect wondrous new Chinese artifacts for your characters, and explore a new Silk Road system that adjusts returns based on China's stability.
- Rally Points: Instruct your levies to automatically gather up exactly where you want them.
- Dictionary of Chinese Characters: New Chinese and Tibetan portraits and Chinese units bring the empire to life
- Eight New Casus Bellis: You can never have enough
Does this sound like a fun DLC to you? If so, what aspect of it appeals to you most?