Tomorrow Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare lands on store shelves, and tomorrow is also when we're allowed to talk about it extensively in our review, so look forward to that. If you're someone who enjoys a challenge, though, we've got exciting news for you: there will be two ridiculously hard difficulty modes not for the faint of heart in the game.
The first one is called "Specialist Mode" and the rules are brutal.
- You can only heal with Nano Shots, there is no health regeneration in this mode.
- Helmets are your only protection from headshots. They will take permanent damage and will need to be replaced.
- Both Nano Shots and helmets take up equipment slots, so remember to equip them in your loadout on the Retribution before each level.
- Master the lean from behind cover mechanic, which will be critical for your survival. Approach the edge of cover while standing or crouching, and aim down sights when you see a chevron appear on the side of your crosshairs. You will auto-pop from behind cover as you ADS.
- If you get shot in the legs, it will impact your movement. If you get shot in either arm, it will impact your ability to use equipment or aim down sights. Note: Your weapon can be shot out of your hands.
Sounds stupidly challenging, doesn't it? Well, if that isn't hardcore enough for you, Infinity Ward has got your masochistic self covered. When you complete Specialist Mode you unlock the "YOLO Mode", and as you might suspect, it'll give you one chance and one chance only to complete the game. If you die, you're dead, finito. That means that you'll have to start all the way back at the beginning of the game if you wish to try again.
If you intend to give these modes a try, we salute you. May the gaming gods have mercy on your soul. Are you someone who craves this level of difficulty?