We're finally starting to see some interesting new releases this year and thus the charts become a little more interesting to follow. In this week's UK charts it was The Lego Movie Videogame (read our review) that captured number one outselling a price-promoted Call of Duty: Ghosts by 15,000 copies. The final instalment of the Final Fantasy XIII saga - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII only managed third spot (although the PS3 version managed second on the individual formats chart behind the 360 version of Lego Movie).
Price promotions also drove sales of Grand Theft Auto V (+47% at 5) and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (+47% at 8). Fable Anniversary maintained a top ten position but lost more than half of its first week sales (-56%).
The Lego Movie Videogame became the third Lego release to score the number one spot and the first since Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. It was joined by four other Lego titles in the top 40 - showing just how strong catalogue sales of the Lego titles remain. In fact, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga first released more than six years ago came in 22nd.
1. The Lego Movie Videogame / Warner Bros.
2. Call of Duty: Ghosts / Activision
3. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII / Square Enix
4. FIFA 14 / EA Sports
5. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
6. Lego Marvel Super Heroes / Warner Bros.
7. Battlefield 4 / EA Games
8. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag / Ubisoft
9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition / Microsoft
10. Fable Anniversary / Microsoft
11. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition / Square Enix
12. Need for Speed: Rivals / EA Games
13. Killzone: Shadow Fall / Sony
14. Aliens: Colonial Marines / Sega
15. Gran Turismo 6 / Sony
16. WWE 2K14 / 2K Sports
17. NBA 2K14 / 2K Sports
18. Batman: Arkham Origins / Warner Bros.
19. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes / Warner Bros.
20. Football Manager 2014 / Sega
Loading next content