Edmund McMillen's rogue like twin stick shooter adventure The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will get a whole lot of new content next month when "a mega DLC" called Afterbirth is due for launch.
McMillen announced yesterday on his development blog that Afterbirth will launch on PC and Steam October 30.
Other platforms do not yet have a set release date, but according to the blog post "they can't be too far off". The DLC is priced about ten dollars and is promised to include 100+ hours worth of game play. Check out the new content and trailer below.
Afterbirth's new Features:
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play that features new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for high-score / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
- Totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types visual themes and surprises.
- New seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
- Expanded soundtrack!
- New room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms and ultra rare closets!
- Greatly expanded and updated HUD system
- Tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- Updated weapon combo system
- Far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies
Loading next content