Finally we're getting a steady stream of new releases and they are impacting the sales charts. At number one this week is Eidos Montreal's Thief that registers the second highest no. 1 in 2014 (trailing only FIFA 14). It's the second number one of the year for publisher Square-Enix (Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition being the first) and a massive 75% of sales were on PS4 and Xbox One (sadly no split between these platforms was revealed, but PS4 sold more). In fourth spot comes PopCap Games' delightfull (if somewhat thin on content) multiplayer shooter Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. The third new entry of the week was Konami's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - a position that appears slightly disappointing as the sequel fails to improve on the first week sales of the predecessor. Namco Bandai's anniversary compilation Tales of Symphonia Chronicles manages a solid 13th place as a PS3 exclusive.
1. Thief | Square Enix
2. The Lego Movie Videogame | Warner Bros.
3. FIFA 14 | EA Sports
4. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare | EA
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts | Activision
6. Battlefield 4 | EA
7. Lego Marvel Super Heroes | Warner Bros.
8. Minecraft | Microsoft
9. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag | Ubisoft
10. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 | Konami
11. Grand Theft Auto V | Take Two
12. Rayman Legends | Ubisoft
13. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles | Bandai Namco
14. Need for Speed: Rivals | EA
15. Gran Turismo 6 | Sony
16. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze | Nintendo
17. Aliens: Colonial Marines | Sega
18. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes | Warner Bros.
19. WWE 2K14 | Take Two
20. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga | LucasArts
Loading next content